PPE for Healthcare Workers
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guides and products for frontline workers to help reduce the risk of infection.
Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
PPE plays a crucial role in protecting healthcare workers
The need for quality PPE is more significant than ever, as healthcare workers put themselves at risk to help patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Halyard is dedicated to ensuring that any healthcare worker donning our brand will be using products that provide crucial protection. We are committed to sourcing and distributing the highest quality PPE, supported by extensive testing, rigorous quality control processes, and adherence to standards.
Don’t Wear the Risk, Wear HALYARD*.
Frontline workers need protection from head to toe
The HALYARD* portfolio offers a full line of protective apparel for both staff and patients. In many cases, our protective apparel meets or exceeds performance standards and guidelines for strength, barrier protection, and fluid resistance.
Facial & Respiratory Protection
HALYARD* Facial Protection offers a broad range of styles, features, and levels of protection. From standard and fluid resistant masks, to particulate filter respirators, eyewear, and face shields, Halyard Facial Protection products make for excellent choices where comfort and protection are needed in a variety of tasks and procedures.
- FLUIDSHIELD* Surgical N95 Respirators provide the highest level of protection available.
- Designed to provide an effective facial fit as required for proper respiratory protection against airborne pathogens.
- Meet ASTM F2100 and AS4381:2015 Level 3 Standards – fluid resistance at 160mmHg.
- All FLUIDSHIELD* Face Masks meet the ASTM F2100 standard
- Available in Level 1, 2 and 3. The level of protection is clearly labeled on the mask nose piece and on the box
- SO SOFT* inner lining
- Electrostatically charged filter media
- Surgical and procedure face masks for use in general patient care and isolation.
- Protective three-layer mask construction, for use when exposure to blood and/or bodily fluids is not a risk.
- Surgical Masks have a tie attachment.
- Procedure Masks have a loop attachment.
Designed for use in situations where risk of exposure to blood and/or bodily fluids through splashing or spraying is possible.
- SAFEVIEW* Glasses.
Medical Exam Gloves
Halyard has over 30 years of history manufacturing high-quality exam gloves manufactured to industry best-practice standards.
HALYARD* Medical Exam Gloves help safeguard healthcare employees from exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other infectious materials, whatever the task or procedure.
All Halyard Medical Exam Gloves are powder-free and natural rubber latex-free. All gloves come in a SMARTPULL* Dispenser Box to reduce cross-contamination and waste.
There’s a HALYARD* Medical Exam Glove that’s right for every clinical task.
- Outstanding barrier protection. Ideal for settings where there is a moderate to high risk of fluid exposure.
- Recommended area of use: EMS, Accident & Emergency, Trauma, Burn Units, ICU/ Critical Care Units, Oncology.
- PURPLE NITRILE-XTRA* Exam Gloves (310mm) have been tested against 52 chemotherapy and hazardous drugs.
- PURPLE NITRILE* Exam Gloves (252mm) have been tested against 29 chemotherapy and hazardous drugs.
- One glove for all your non-surgical needs facility-wide.
- Tested against 52 chemotherapy and hazardous drugs.
- Available in 242mm lengths.
- Ideal for settings where the risk of fluid exposure is moderate to low. Recommended areas of use: General Meds Dispensing, Routine Oral Care, Non-invasive Exams, Patient/ Specimen Transport, Phlebotomy.
- Tested against 43 chemotherapy and hazardous drugs.
HALYARD* Isolation Gowns
Designed for use in a wide range of applications when expected risk of exposure to fluid is between low and moderate .
Medium-weight gown with tri-layer fabric. The gown is yellow and has a tape-tab neck closure, tie waist and elastic cuffs.
HALYARD* Impervious Comfort Gowns
These gowns are ideal for patient contact, fluid isolation, decontamination or general clean-up tasks .
Tri-layer spunbond gown with polyethylene laminate coating.
Impervious Thumbs-Up* Film Gowns
Impervious polyethylene film .
Open back, thumbhooks.
Available in yellow and blue.
Donning and Doffing PPE
Sequence for Donning PPE
Sequence for Doffing PPE
Sequence for Advanced Doffing PPE
Articles & Resources
Please fill out this quick form to contact one of our representatives for more information on products and solutions.
- Scott R., II . In: The Direct Medical Costs of Healthcare-Associated Infections in US Hospitals and the Benefits of Prevention. Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases, Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Polock DA, Stone PW, editors. London, UK: Economist; 2009. [Google Scholar]. •• Written by a health economist at the CDC. This is the most up-to-date national estimate on the cost of HAIs.
- CG Davies et al, Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2007 89(8): 770-772, MN Khan et al;
- According to a study of disposable N95 respirators and standard medical face masks conducted by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies (IOM) and commissioned by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) – https://halyardin.wpengine.com/solutions/infection-prevention/pandemic-preparedness/face-masks-and-respirators.aspx
- ISO 22610 (wet),ISO 22612 (dry), ASTM F1671 and ASTM F1670, Hydrohead-20811